Welcome to Windmill Farms Golden Retrievers
If you believe, like we do, that the original golden retriever intent still matters, you've come to the right place.
A program, A vision, A purpose
Our program is a full time passion. Now training our 5th generation golden retriever, we are driven by that passion to develop and preserve a 150 year old breed that has been a part of our family since 2005. As custodians, visionaries and contributors to this magnificent breed, we are fully invested in the preservation and development of the optimal working golden. As such, our interest is global and enjoy working with breeders from around the world. The targeted result of our program is a well tempered, versatile, health tested golden retriever, suitable for: Hunt Tests, Hunting, SAR, Service, Agility, Dock, Therapy, Outdoor Enthusiasts and Active Families.
WM Farms breeder program stays current about the genetic and health challenges that affect the Golden Retriever breed worldwide. Genetic mutations are dynamic. WM Farms breeding stock are medically and behaviorally screened through genetic testing and daily field training scenarios. Knowing there are health risks involved with breeding animals, especially those with existing inheritable traits, like golden retrievers, WM Farms select pairs based using multiple field characteristics. Our primary focus is based on pedigree, personality, temperament, health, structure, athleticism and working usage. Including COI research. WM Farms Golden Retriever program have grown its population gradually since 2005. Selecting and breeding key attributes. It is impossible to guarantee that every single puppy will be successful, but steady program development and genetic testing are readily assisting program advancement. Now in our 5th generation, our goal is to advance health while fiercely retaining the characteristics and structure of the optimal field golden.
Our focus includes:
Our focus includes:
- Genetic diversity with the retention of original breed characterization & personality traits.
- Genetic study and understanding optimal behavior traits of the golden retriever.
- BPH - Behavioral assessment (7) aiming to contribute to better understand the mentality and personality of todays golden retriever.
- Optimal nutrition plans for structural development, health and wellness.
- AAHA Vaccination schedule adherence.
- We don't "Farm Out", "Loan" or participate in "Guardian Dog" breeding programs. We believe the only way to know what we're producing is to train and work with our dogs.
- Training naturally on over 800 acres of mixed topography adjacent to the Bear River. Including hunting chukars in the Rockies and wild pheasants on the farm.
Our dogs are adaptable and used for:
We enjoy the outdoors, wildlife photography, hiking, camping, upland hunting, and the loving companionship of man's best friend.
Available performance or active family litters, head start dogs, and links to litter pedigrees.
Questions or inquiries.
Send an email